TOAST 2 THAT / ALL THE BUZZ ON THE HOUSE

Categories

4/6/11

Toya Carter: 'Much More Than Weezy's Baby Mother' /

In a recent interview with VIBE MAGAZINE, rapper Lil Wayne's ex-wife Toya Carter goes on to  explain why she has become fustrated with people referring to her as "his baby mother" and claims that she wants to create a name for herself!  Although she may own a last name worth millions, Toya has struggled to come from behind Weezy's shadow over the many years.


Was it difficult because you don’t want to keep connecting yourself to Wayne?
That situation is so hard. People feel like I’m going to always be connected to Wayne because that’s how I was introduced into the spotlight, but I feel like I’m much more than just his baby mama. It’s just crazy because everything I try to better myself it’s always “That’s just Wayne’s baby mama.” I open my store and people come to the store and it’s “That’s Wayne’s baby mama’s store” or I do my own show and it’s “Wayne’s baby mama got her own show now” or I write a book and it’s “Oh it’s a tell-all about Wayne,” so I feel like I can’t dodge that situation. I can see if I was sitting around waiting for Wayne to make things happen for me, but I’m making things happen for myself and I still get that stereotype. But I won’t let that stop me from doing me, but it does bother me sometimes because I can’t help who I fell in love with and had a kid by.

By the looks of things, Toya is already on the rise with her new book Priceless Inspiration & starring in her own reality show on BET.  You go girl, I'll have a toast to that & much success!


Interview with VIBE Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer